How to understand drawing and paintings: Online course by Prof. Dr. Zoltán VASS
How to understand drawings and paintings
...and uncover the hidden message:
A practical online course by Prof. Dr. Zoltán VASS
Discover hidden messages and psychological significance
- Are you a teacher or a kindergarten teacher and want to see more clearly what's going on with a problematic child?
- Working with drawings or paintings in psychological assessment and you want to understand them better?
Uncover hidden significance
Click on the option best describes you:
Are you a teacher or a kindergarten teacher?
- if you come across children's drawings in your work and you want to understand them from an pedagogical point of view
- if you want to use children's drawings to gain a deeper pedagogical insight into a child's life
- if you want to help determine which children need to be referred to a psychologist or another professional
- if your job as a form teacher requires getting to know children and their families
- if you want to see more clearly what's going on with a problematic child
- if you work as teacher or kindergarten teacher and want to make better decisions regarding children
Are you a psychologist or art therapist?
- if so far you have always had to ask for your supervisor's assistance with interpreting your client's drawings
- if you have just started your career as a psychologist and you want to be able to perform your diagnostic tasks better
- if you are a clinical child psychologist and you want to gain more insights with the help of drawings
- if you work with adolescents and adults who find it hard to express themselves verbally
- if you need projective methods to access the unconscious
- if you want to use more drawing tests in addition to the usual, classic methods
Are you a student?
- if you are interested in projective methods and the message of children's drawings
- if you feel you haven't learned enough about drawings at your developmental psychology seminar at university
- if you want to collect tools for your future work
- if you feel (rightfully) that what books offer isn't enough
- if you are afraid whether you will be able to perform diagnostic tasks alone and you want to be confident in your knowledge
- if you want to work with children in the future (in an education counselling service, a school or a kindergarten)
- if you want to increase your chances of finding a job
- if you are looking for diagnostic tools for adults
- if you want to work in art therapy
- if you want to use drawing interpretation for a seminary paper or your thesis
- if you want extra points for your Master's degree application
Do you draw or paint?
- you are a professional artist and you want to understand yourself more
- if you have learned drawing in a group or from an expert and you feel your drawings have much meaning but you are unable to put that into words
- if you have participated in a right brain drawing course and you want to understand better what your pictures express
Do you want to use it with your clients?
- if you want to know more about children's drawings to help you throughout your sessions
- if you work with adolescents or adults and you want to understand the pictures better
- if you use couple or group drawings in your work and you want to gain deeper insights into their meaning
- if you want to have a deeper understanding of how to interpret a picture
- if you want to use methods other than the interpretation of symbols
- if you want to be familiar with the more general and scientific method of symbolic interpretation
- if you want to be better at translating visual expression into words
- if you want to use drawings and pictures as a compass in your group sessions
- if you find it difficult to give feedback to clients or parents
Are you interested in knowing who you are, too?
- if you feel there is something important in your art that you cannot put into words
- if you are looking for something and want to get answers to your questions about yourself
- if you want to understand the pictures you drew before (as a child or later)
- if you can express yourself better in drawings and pictures than in words
- if you feel your pictures are more honest than what you can put into words
- if you have already participated in art therapy or had your drawings interpreted and now you also want to be able to read in the language of drawings
Click on the first chapter:
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion, which you can share with your friends, relatives, co-workers and employers.
About the author
- Prof. Zoltan Vass, PhD is University Professor of Psychology and Head of the Faculty of the Psychology of Visual Expression, Károli University, Budapest.
- He has published over 20 books and 400 scientific articles in 7 languages.
- His method of Seven-Step Configuration Analysis (SSCA) awarded several scientific prices.
- On SSCA, 7 scientific symposia were organized.
- It has led to the establishment of three accredited clinical trainings and a postgraduate faculty with a total of 1622 participants.
- It is taught or referenced in 152 courses in Hungary, Transylvania, Germany, France, Russia, China, Israel etc.
Prof. Dr. Diane Waller MA(RCA) DPhil, FRSA, OBE
Emeritus Professor of Art Psychotherapy, Goldsmiths, University of London
“This is an extraordinary work
different from the work already in the public domain in that it proposes a new, much more complex approach to the interpretation of drawings and paintings"
“It opens up avenues
on the long-debated efficacy of projective drawing as diagnostic and therapeutic tools"
Prof. Catherine T. L. SUN
Professor & Head, Department of Counselling and Psychology, Hong Kong Shue Yan University
Prof. Dr. Carlos R. Hojaij
Clínica Psiquiatria Biológica Brasil, São Paulo
“Fantastic (!!!) ... No doubt it does deserve a world wide publication, for it will be very useful to so many professionals researching and working in art therapy and any one interested in expression and psychology"
If, for any reason, you don't like this course, you can get a full refund anytime within 30 days after your purchase.